Okay.. I can't help it. I absolutely must blog about my new baby. Since giving birth a little over a week ago I've found that my brain has stopped being in working-mommy mode and reverted to mush. All I can think about are my kids... plural! I still can't believe it... I'm really sorry, I'm in my confinement. The only thing I can think about right now are babies and everything baby related. I can't even read the newspaper anymore since it's full of sad, bad stuff. The only thing I can stomach right now is light, fluffy, fun chic-lit!
I was lying on my bed earlier today, stiff as a board (the makcik urut had tied my bengkung extra tight today) and trying to think about something other than how fabulous an ice-cold Pepsi would taste right then. So I thought about a subject for my latest blog. Lo and behold.. right next to me was the perfect subject! A tiny little bundle slightly longer than the pembaris panjang we used in school. His hair was all soft and feathery from his daily bath (administered expertly by my mom) and sticking in all directions. Despite me bundling him up snugly in the kain bedung, he still managed to poke both hands out stick-'em-up style. His face was still slightly flushed from his recent feeding and his tiny rosebud mouth was pursed as if he was thinking about some huge problem. Ladies and gentleman, my newborn son.
I'd totally forgotten how hard it is to take care of a newborn even though my first son is only 2 years old. You know... Changing the baby's diapers only to have him soil it 10 seconds after you've finally secured the tapes while trying to avoid crushing the umbilical cord stump. Changing his whole outfit and kain bedung because somehow he's managed to pee through the leg-holes of his diapers. Trying not to smother the baby while breastfeeding. Checking to see that he's breathing every 10 minutes or less. Obsessing about his slight jaundice - how do you know if it's serious?! Dealing with sore nips since this time you intend to exclusively breastfeed despite people advising you otherwise. Remembering to always support the baby's head and neck.
Hmmm.. this motherhood stuff... really stressful sometimes. But at the same time it's sooo rewarding.

9 comments:
hahh!!sorry la..lupa nak bring u that 'soft drink'. actually i dah terminum..woops..nak i singgah and drop u a can?
that momzillas really something kan?do we have that here in our society?i hope not among ours..horror horror!
btw, i want but am so sacred..u know what i mean..lotsa things on my mind and stuffs juggling around here even though am just a stay homer...many many things..the smses will be continued...
p/s:i nak watch hairspray!!must find this apek dvd!
do watch out for the jaundice as it can lasted for one month.. I'm no expert in it eventhough my daughter had it for almost 3 weeks. Just follow your motherly instints.Consult the Doctors ASAP if u think Baby Ray's jaundice is too yellowish. Constant breastfeeding too will help to lower down the jaundice level. Jaundice is more like a silent killer actually. It's hard for we layment people except the doctors to know the seriousness of the jaundice.
On another note, bersabar k sebab tak dpt minum pepsi! tak craving for icecream or iceblended ke? This pantang is good for us in the long run.. I have a friend who tak jaga pantangnya .. dia minum air sejuk and eat whatever. Sad to say now, her badan is not as normal before. This coming from her own mouth .. :(
muna: finished momzillas last nite.. on to the next book! aiyaaa relax la. things will all fall into place, you'll see.
emly: i mmg suka obsess about little things! my makcik urut said that ray's jaundice is almost gone. he certainly pees and poops a lot so i certainly hope so! oh.. i also crave choc milkshake mcd. meanwhile, i'm trying to be a good girl and jaga pantang... :-)
aawww... such is the love and admiration a mom has over their child, and specifically, their newborn. so nice! :-)
enjoy your housebound-period ni while you can. even if that requires changing of diapers every other half and hour or so. hehe... all part of the lovely 'parcel' that is your newborn son. :-)
Let's go have that Pepsi or/and McD's milkshake after your pantang. In the meantime, enjoy your urut2 session. I'm am soooo hankering for one. If only I can get someone to watch after my daughter while I go do that.:(
ooohhhhh .... so very jelesssss ... u gals have already stock the 2nd edition of juniors!!! (that's u, cuya, nadia, mas, surai and others that i don't know of).
selamatla ko menjadik resakse kpd anak2 ko once derang dh pandai main otromen one sweet day! :)
Hanna, I just noticed that big, fat bottle of Pepsi. You're so kelakar lah. :D
mrika: yup.. i love being at home and changing them diapers. it's the crying while i'm changing them that gets me!
mommy @ home: jom.. a big fat pepsi and milkshake for me after day 44!!
mariet: next year u also join the club la... dah sesuai dah tu...
yuuhuu hanna...jenguk² Marietnye fotopages stumbled upon yours....ini surai...rasa nak leave a comment lah hari nie...
TAHNIAH...mesti ko tak sedar once dah abis confinement sbb skrg masa mmg cepat je berlalu...
adding a note on jos's comment, i'm expecting the third jr in 5 months time...hopefully this time it's same jantina as hanna's ray n reez...sbb the duo before dah gegirls...ada petua nak share tak hanna??kweh kweh kweh kweh
Post a Comment