
Do you hear that sound? It's the sound of my joints creaking and my muscles protesting the stress I've put them through during the yoga classes I've taken! Honestly, I didn't know it would be so hard to just sit and relax! There's all these different poses with dodgy names (which sound a lot better in Sanskrit!) and they are actually really complicated to do. Plus there's a big deal about controlling your breathing at the same time. I was really working hard to get the moves right while the people around me were calmly executing the poses with perfect grace and posture. Alamak.. so malu! Even the ah so in the grungy sweat pants and tattooed eyebrows was even more limber than me!
I've taken two classes so far -yesterday I had yogilates (I first heard this cool term in The OC) and today was Gentle Flow. Both were beginner classes but I was sweating like mad after the first 10 minutes of the class. But I felt really good afterwards and energetic once the endorphins kicked in. But when I woke up this morning... OMG I felt like death warmed over. My whole body was aching especially my waist and my legs. After a whole year of no exercise due to pregnancy and child-birth, my stomach muscles were totally shot and my leg muscles had gone soft. But in order to achieve my dream of a flat stomach and firm body, I will persevere!
I've never been one for dieting.. I love my Pepsi and chocolate and ice-cream too much. I was a stick during school but all that changed once I reached my twenties. After 2 babies I doubt that I'll ever be a stick again. When my weight went up after having Eez, I tried to diet by cutting out rice. That lasted about 2 days. I even tried Herbalife which lasted about 2 weeks. I simply must eat! So I guess to keep the weight down I have to exercise and try to limit my unhealthy food intake (no more late night McD suppers). I'm not a big fan of gyms with good-looking model type people parading around in expensive fitness attire. I don't like to jog since all those reports about lone female joggers getting mugged, raped and worse. The treadmill at home is just too boring and I don't have the discipline to exercise regularly at home. Who does? How many people have converted their treadmills and exercise bikes into expensive clothes hangers? So group exercise is perfect for me.. the anonymity and at the same time the feeling of comradeship with all the other huffing and puffing, out-of-shape people around.
So tomorrow morning I will enjoy my nasi lemak with a cup of hot Milo. And snacks during the day... perhaps even a chocolate bar! I am breast-feeding after all which helps keep the weight down and I need the extra calories. Good excuse, right? There's a Yin Yoga class tomorrow that the receptionist says is a good beginner class. If my muscles aren't taut as strings tomorrow, I'll give it a go.

6 comments:
stumbled upon ur blog by accident. however, i just love ur scribblings.. it is so honest and hilarious...
i just gave birth too, and working hard to get rid of the extra pounds...i hope yoga works for you... in the meantime, i'll stick to my 'bengkung' and 'jamu'......
goodluck with the yoga!!
-camy-
hanz,
girl power!!!
dont worry...u'r actually very the slim already ok..unlike me yang buncz nih!!huwaaa!!
p/s: cammyy! r u by any chance mariam's sister??
hi muna....
yes, i am mariam's sister. how's things?
camy: thanks! i pakai my bengkung for like 3 weeks only, okay.. and i still haven't finished my single bottle of NR jamu. takde disiplin langsung.. so ya, i hope that my yoga works out, too! i've lost the pounds but not the flab.. *sigh*!
muna: kita boleh!!! one day our husbands will come home and be really surprised... i hope!
hey.. do u think the bengkung really works? if so, how come my tummy still bulge? i could not fit my old pants and i'm freaking out!! NR? makan tiap2 hari pun tak de effect.. hai yaa... must do something laa, liposuction perhaps?
-camy-
camy, i guess the bengkung works to a certain extent. i wore it to support my tummy muscles actually.. after 3 weeks dah tak rasa mcm menggeleber sgt so i stopped! even my mak cik urut said she could only help the dalaman, the luaran yang buncit2 tu kena excercise.
so i'm relying on b*feeding to drop the pounds and yoga to tone up. lipo? kalau ada duit dah lama buat kot! haha...
Post a Comment