Thursday, June 5, 2008

Black Gold

It has begun... Prices are up everywhere. But seriously, petrol up by 78 sen??? And the price will be reviewed monthly? WTF???

Our salaries are already over-utilised as it is what with car payments, insurance, our kids' milk and diapers, grocery costs.. and by the end of the year we'll be paying for our new house and can add utility bills to our monthly expenses. We can hardly put anything away for savings! And next year Eez will be going to kindergarten, so that's at least another few hundred bucks per month.

It's alright for some people.. You know the adage, the rich get richer bla bla bla.. My parents have been civil servants their whole lives, so I didn't exactly get everything handed to me on a plate. But I try not to be bitter. Itu semua rezeki masing-masing, after all. I have to work. And for working people like me who depend on personal transportation, it's seriously bad news. My husband works in Putrajaya which definitely lacks efficient and fast public transport from outside the city. I work in KL, but to get here I'd have to take the LRT and a bus or a taxi, which basically adds up to what I pay for parking and petrol anyway.

So this means cutting down on luxuries. No more impromptu road trips. Shorter holidays and if any, closer to home. Less eating out. Less SHOPPING!!! OMG OMG OMG... how will I survive???


** I'm typing this post from my office PC which uses an ancient version of IE, so please bear with the wonky settings! **

5 comments:

kaezrin said...

mmg haru lah kan hana..i pun stress

Muna said...

yaa..i pun dah nak jual kereta kan..eloklah tu..lepas ni i naik bus jek..luar rumah ada bus stop dah..huhuhu..

Jungle Playland said...

This mean cutting down a lot of things. I have to stop buying toys for the kids, huwaa!!! Put more money in the banks.

pssst, Applause to Muna. Not many people sanggup use the public transport in Malaysia.

Mommy at Home said...

It is crazy the way they hike the petrol price kan? I think everyone expected an increase but not that much and a bit gradually lah kan.

Plus, I'd really like to know the genius who calculated the subsidy...

Chuff said...

Hey, I'm for evaluating the expenditure and cutting back on expenses on a whole. Look at the alternatives which are readily available. Adjusting your lifestyle can be tricky...but we do what we can.
I sure hope the global economy situation flips to the better side soon. Meanwhile, we'll just have to soldier on.
"The rich gets richer" - they just rub salt to my wound, man. lol. But that's how it is.

That sucks!