
Aaaahhhh... July. To me it will always be the month of birthdays.. mainly 'cos mine's in it! With our extended families, there's a family member's birthday in practically every month, but July's the multiple whammy:
Jan - Ms M (honorary sista)
Feb - Dida (kid sista) and Tom our ancient cat
Mar - FIL
April - Eza (my kakak)
May - my Babah
June - hubs
July - Erfan (my nephew), MINE, Eez & BIL
Aug - SIL
Sept - Ray, Shasha (sista #3)
Oct - my Mak
Nov - hmmm... none (yet)
Dec - Ayim (my neice), Aizad (bro), MIL
Not to mention our assorted cousins, relatives, friends and kids-of-friends scattered thru out the year. We have a few birthday do's lined up this month, just about every weekend in fact.
We're actually not sure yet what we're going to do for Eez's 3rd birthday at the end of the month.. Probably a small party with close friends and family which will be held at the IL's in M*wati. I can't find the time or energy to plan a full-scale birthday extravaganza. Mine will certainly be relegated to a family dinner combo with BIL's birthday.. something low-key and simple. Gifts optional.. actually hub's has already given me mine. Which is lovely and something I really love!
I've been going thru a roller-coaster of emotions for the past week or so. I mean, I'm entering a new decade! I'm not going to be in my "late twenties" anymore. The big 3-0! Crikey. I'm going to be ticking the ">30" or "30-39" age group boxes from now on. Sure sure age is nothing but number. You are as old as you feel. There are some days when I get home from work and both boys are still going on at full steam at midnight and I feel like I'm 60. But there are other days, good days, when I'm on a date night with hubs, just the two of us... and I feel like I'm 18! And there are the days when the four of us are enjoying some family time and I look at my beautiful boys and think I'm just the right age.. 29 going on 30 with two wonderful kids, a loving husband, a stable job and a house on the way.
We'll see what tomorrow brings yeah.. now I just have to figure out what I'm getting everyone.
We're actually not sure yet what we're going to do for Eez's 3rd birthday at the end of the month.. Probably a small party with close friends and family which will be held at the IL's in M*wati. I can't find the time or energy to plan a full-scale birthday extravaganza. Mine will certainly be relegated to a family dinner combo with BIL's birthday.. something low-key and simple. Gifts optional.. actually hub's has already given me mine. Which is lovely and something I really love!
I've been going thru a roller-coaster of emotions for the past week or so. I mean, I'm entering a new decade! I'm not going to be in my "late twenties" anymore. The big 3-0! Crikey. I'm going to be ticking the ">30" or "30-39" age group boxes from now on. Sure sure age is nothing but number. You are as old as you feel. There are some days when I get home from work and both boys are still going on at full steam at midnight and I feel like I'm 60. But there are other days, good days, when I'm on a date night with hubs, just the two of us... and I feel like I'm 18! And there are the days when the four of us are enjoying some family time and I look at my beautiful boys and think I'm just the right age.. 29 going on 30 with two wonderful kids, a loving husband, a stable job and a house on the way.
We'll see what tomorrow brings yeah.. now I just have to figure out what I'm getting everyone.

4 comments:
Embrace it, sista! The best is yet to come :D
age is just a number dear.. What's important is your inner self. Welcome to the 30's !
happy birthday to uuuu, happy birthday to uuuu, happy birthday to aunt hanna ......
happpyyyyy birthdaaayyyyyy toooooooooo uuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!
blow da candle aunty! make a wish!
omg!!
3 more days sistaa!!!
Post a Comment