My life is such a blur these days... I honestly don't know where my time goes. Every day is just a mad rush to get things done. I'm a working mother of two with an equally busy husband (who comes home after work and promptly falls asleep in front of the TV, leaving me to wrestle with the kids over bed-times and last bottle feedings and diaper changes and ironing of clothes for the next day and last-minute dish washings)... ummm but I digress. As I am prone to do. Haha.
Anywho, since the landslide last week and the subsequent declaration that my building was "unsafe", I have been shipped off to Bangi to set up office in my bank's training centre there. It's just behind Un*ten and the daily commute is fantastic! Even though it's like 25km from my house and I have to pass through two toll booths (bwargkh don't even get me started on the tolls!!!!), the half hour journey is just great 'cos there's no traffic jam!! I luv it I luv it I luv it! A colleague of mine car pools with me in the mornings and chips in for petrol (thanks, Mary!). The parking there is free (yay!!) and my office looks over the golf course behind Un*ten. A few days ago we got to watch some poor bloke wade in the pond thingy and fish out sunken golf balls. And we've recently discovered that Alam*nda is just 10 minutes away....
Yes it was all rainbows and roses for the first few days, even more so 'cos half of my department is stationed in KL (including my boss.. :-D). However, after a while the novelty of working in the sticks is starting to wear off. My poor lovely husband sends the kids to KJ every day on the way to work and picks them up after, so I get less quality time with them. The extra expenses (toll, petrol, lunches) incurred is really getting to me, too. We're trying to negotiate some kind of travelling claim but the prospects don't look too bright. Latest news is.. well, we might be there 'till January. Gak!!
It's all I can do at the end of the day to get my kids snugly into bed, finish my chores and collapse into bed. But what to do.. rezeki halal perlu dicari, put bread on the table and all that. I have the weekends, right? Guess I've just gotta stick to my guns and face it. Insya-Allah, it'll work itself out in the end.
Anywho, since the landslide last week and the subsequent declaration that my building was "unsafe", I have been shipped off to Bangi to set up office in my bank's training centre there. It's just behind Un*ten and the daily commute is fantastic! Even though it's like 25km from my house and I have to pass through two toll booths (bwargkh don't even get me started on the tolls!!!!), the half hour journey is just great 'cos there's no traffic jam!! I luv it I luv it I luv it! A colleague of mine car pools with me in the mornings and chips in for petrol (thanks, Mary!). The parking there is free (yay!!) and my office looks over the golf course behind Un*ten. A few days ago we got to watch some poor bloke wade in the pond thingy and fish out sunken golf balls. And we've recently discovered that Alam*nda is just 10 minutes away....
Yes it was all rainbows and roses for the first few days, even more so 'cos half of my department is stationed in KL (including my boss.. :-D). However, after a while the novelty of working in the sticks is starting to wear off. My poor lovely husband sends the kids to KJ every day on the way to work and picks them up after, so I get less quality time with them. The extra expenses (toll, petrol, lunches) incurred is really getting to me, too. We're trying to negotiate some kind of travelling claim but the prospects don't look too bright. Latest news is.. well, we might be there 'till January. Gak!!
It's all I can do at the end of the day to get my kids snugly into bed, finish my chores and collapse into bed. But what to do.. rezeki halal perlu dicari, put bread on the table and all that. I have the weekends, right? Guess I've just gotta stick to my guns and face it. Insya-Allah, it'll work itself out in the end.

2 comments:
Hann... you sound bubbly and cheery and all that. Nice nice :) And your writing's getting quirky, man.
Do you still see Shan around?
Ling, sharn resigned sometime in oct, i think. he secret2 liddat. haha.
Post a Comment