Since I am working full-time, I needed help so I roped in some friends to help me with the preparations. I provided the party favors, Farah provided the cake and Mrika got a keepsake book for each guest to write a page in. As an added touch, I ordered balloons from here, the cheapest I've found so far. Hubs offered to collect the balloons this morning immediately after the store opened so I wouldn't have to rush to Hartamas and back to the party venue (thanks, luv u!).
For my gift, I decided to make Ms M a diaper cake. I took the day off yesterday especially to make the diaper cake and party favors (made hubs send the kids to my mom's so I could fully concentrate :-P). For the diaper cake, I used P*reen Dry 5's in a size S since I was worried the newborn size might be too small and Ms M might not be able to finish them in time before the baby out-grew them. Have u seen these diapers? They're multi-coloured and puffy yet super-absorbent and are great for newborn babies who wet/soil themselves every 10 minutes. Most hospitals use this brand, too. I rolled up the diapers with rubber bands and constructed a 2-layer cake with an empty kitchen roll as the support. Some people like to use a baby bottle or a bottle of baby shampoo or lotion as the support, but I figured they'd be too heavy and hard to tape in place on the cardboard cake base. To cover up the colourful diapers, I used a yellow bath towel for the first layer and a blue blanket for the 2nd layer. Konon-konon the blue blanket was water, which I topped off with cute little bath toys. For a finishing touch, I "garnished" the whole cake with ribbons. Here's the finished result:
For the party favors, I ordered these cookies from here. Aren't they the cutest?
I put the cookies in a mug filled with shredded colour paper and added a little scented candle inside. On average, I'd say each favor cost about RM8 each. Value for money, yes? It just goes to show that you don't have to spend a fortune to get quality stuff. A good thing in today's shaky economic environment! Farah's little placards were the perfect finishing touch to the favors, making it personal and extra special:
I totally forgot to bring my camera to the party (doh!!), so I didn't get to take a picture of Farah's lovely cake ordered from Aunty Abrina. We all had great fun and practically stuffed ourselves silly. I did, anyway. Balik terus rasa nak tidur but I managed to stop myself.. haha.
Thanks for coming to "memeriahkan" the party, girls. Who's next?

7 comments:
it was a lovely, small-do n intimate baby shower. well done, Hanna. muna's that bit more lucky to have you as her BFF all these years. and on my part, just nice to know that i fall in that '1st' stage of her life's circle of friends. hehe. again, well done you! :-) i've put up photos from my cammie in FB. didn't take many photos tho. go have a look.
OH. MY. GOSH.
the baby shower looked swell. that diaper cake? freaking awesome, hanna! you're so creative. so sweet lar you all. can be party planners. so happy you guys had so much fun. love.
ling, i'll make one for u too when your turn comes around... *hint* *hint*... hehehe..
Thanks Han!
But but... you haven't been following my blog I see. Som things aren't working out as planned :)
ada ada... i've been reading your blog but sometimes you're a bit too cryptic.. or maybe i'm just blur. haha...
I'm not very the pro in expressing in detail ler. But I hope you get the gist. I'm in US for a week over, leaving for KL tomorrow :(
Hanna, I know I'm way too late in commenting, after all Rayan is already here kan, but well done you on organising a wonderful baby shower! I really enjoyed myself with you ladies that day. Thanks again!
Post a Comment